Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time flies


Time flies - Alessandra Sanguinetti 2005

This is how I found this photo: months ago my brother Alberto took part to a cooking course. Then I put him in touch with Simplicity restaurant in London and he spent there one day on trial. Today he forwarded me an article on a blog where they were talking of the upcoming fashion star James Hillman who was also working with him at Simplicity on that day. Then I read that this designer studied at Central Saint Martins College, I entered their internet site and found out that they also hold photography courses. Into this section there was a little tag called "career prospects", I clicked and found that the graduate Justina Burnett became assistant of Alessandra Sanguinetti, which I didn't know at all. But I was made curious by her Italian name and the fact that she was described as member of Magnum Photos, while I didn't remember of any Italian lady being a member. Finally I looked for her and found this photograph which in my opinion is sad, but still tells a lot about time and the use we make of it.
I hope it will make you think for a while...
p.s. Grazie Alberto!
Ciao,
Nic

No comments: